I will promote the creation of a friendship community based on mutual respect and a sense of personal well-being. I will treat others with honor and respect because we are all created in the image of G-d.
As a staff member of Friendship Circle:
- I understand that Friendship Circle expects me to behave responsibly. I agree to utilize my best judgment and sense of responsibility when spending time with children and volunteers.
- I understand that the use of a cell phone during a Friendship Circle programs does not promote a healthy friendship and should only be used in case of emergency.
- I agree to respect the privacy of all participants of the Friendship Circle and to keep personal information confidential.
- I understand that once I commit to attend a program or event, the Friendship Circle is relying on me. In the event that I cannot attend, I agree to give notice to Friendship Circle sufficiently in advance.
- If someone gets hurt or some other incident occurs, it is my responsibility to immediately report the occurrence to the Friendship Circle Program Director overseeing the program.
- I agree to represent the Friendship Circle to the best of my abilities.
- I have carefully read and agree to abide and be bound by all the rules above as well as any additional rules pertinent to specific events, including the Commitment to Everyone’s Safety and Well Being.
- I grant Friendship Circle permission to use my name, image, likeness, or recording in connection with any promotional materials including, but not limited to, brochures, advertising, and broadcasts.
I agree to work at Friendship Circle. I understand that participation in Friendship Circle activities involves a certain degree of risk and can be physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. I have carefully considered the risk involved and agree to participate in this activity. I also understand that participation in this activity is entirely voluntary and requires participants to abide by applicable rules and standards of conduct as set forth above as well as any additional rules pertinent to specific events. I understand that this local Friendship Circle is independently owned, operated and controlled. I release LifeTown, Friendship Circle and Chabad of Livingston and its employees, directors, officers, contractors and volunteers from any and all claims or liability arising out of this participation.
ALTHOUGH FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE CARES DEEPLY ABOUT THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF ALL PARTICIPANTS, VOLUNTEERS, STAFF, AND THEIR FAMILIES, FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER VIRUS OR DISEASE WILL NOT BE CONTRACTED BY FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE PARTICIPANTS, THEIR FAMILIES OR STAFF
Friendship Circle provides very special and unique opportunities for volunteers, special friends and their families to enrich the lives of each other. In doing so, most participants will encounter new and sometimes challenging situations. Thus, it is imperative to set expectations at the beginning so that staff, volunteers, special friends, and parents understand what they can expect. Therefore, staff, volunteers, special friends, and their respective families each certify and agree to the following by signing below that I::
- Understand that participation in this activity is entirely voluntary and requires everyone to abide by applicable rules and standards of conduct;
- Understand that I may be in the company of people with various degrees of social, development, and communication challenges. I understand that if there is ever a situation that I feel uncomfortable, it is my right and responsibility to report the occurrence to the Program Director or Group Leader.
- Understand that photographs can be private and sensitive and should not be shared by all.
- Understand that if a Friendship Circle Child needs help in the bathroom, it is my job to notify their parent or the Friendship Circle staff and have them guide me in the proper protocol.
- Do not use or possess any illegal drug, alcohol or controlled substances at any time, including at Friendship Circle events or programs;
- Do not have any alcohol or tobacco products at Friendship Circle events or programs;
- Do not bring any weapons, firearms or other dangerous items to any Friendship Circle event or program;
- Agree to have a background check performed on me;
- Understand that participation in Friendship Circle activities involves a certain degree of risk and can be physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. I have carefully considered the risk involved and have given consent for me and/or my child to participate in this activity and knowingly and freely assume all such risks;
- Will not participate in any activity that I believe I cannot perform in accordance with the Friendship Circles activities’ instructions or in a safe manner;
- If I observe any significant hazard during participation in any event or program, I will stop participating in the event and inform the Friendship Circle of such hazard immediately;
- Agree Friendship Circle is not responsible for any damages to personal property or injury in which the Friendship Circle had no knowledge of the particular hazard or any activity outside of Friendship Circle sponsored events;
- Acknowledge that Friendship Circle is an independently owned, operated and controlled local corporation.
- Release LifeTown, Friendship Circle and Chabad of Livingston, the directors, board, officers, activity coordinators, and all employees, volunteers, related parties, and contractors from any and all claims or liability arising out of this participation;